Click to Print

Our History

1934 - The doors of Clear Lake Bank & Trust Company opened to the community of Clear Lake.

1941 - Controlling interest in the Bank was purchased by M.A. Arneson.  Bank assets are $1 million and employs 10 people.

1954 - Construction increased the bank's presence in downtown Clear Lake.

1969 - New construction added a second story to the bank's downtown location.

1973 - Ray Hewitt joins Clear Lake Bank & Trust Company as Executive Vice President and Director.

1976 - Ray Hewitt named President and M.A. Arneson assumes the position of Chairman of the Board.

1984 - Bank undergoes major remodeling of main lobby and offices to better serve customers.

1992 - Bank purchases failed bank in Garner and expands services to Hancock County.

1994 - Bank undergoes major remodeling and expansion project.  Construction doubles the size of the bank.

1998 - Bank assets are $130 million and employs 55 people.  Mark Hewitt assumes the position of President/CEO, Ray Hewitt named Chairman of the Board, and M.A. Arneson named Chairman Emeritus.

2007 - Bank expands to the Mason City market by opening a new banking facility on Mason City's west side, adding 8 new employment opportunities.  Bank assets are $205 million and employs 67 people.

2009 - Bank celebrates its 75th anniversary.

2013 - CLB&T acquires Community National Bank offices in Mason City, expanding into downtown Mason City.


 

With all of the bank mergers and acquisitions in the recent years, Clear Lake Bank and Trust Company continues to be a strong, stable, and independent, locally-owned bank. We have taken an active leadership and support role in hundreds of community service projects. We're growing and prepared to be an active leader in our area for many years to come.